Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Midwest Travelogue

I've been away on a road trip in the midwest, to drop Sam off at Camp Highlands in Sayner, WI, where he is spending the summer as a counselor-in-training.

I stopped in my hometown of Davenport, Iowa on the way back to visit some old haunts and see some old friends.

For your pleasure, I've compressed all 2,600 miles of the trip into 3 1/2 minutes of panoramic video.

Watch for some special, father-son moments in the car, an exciting light-saber duel in McFarland, WI, and a very quick visit to the Creation Museum. The video soundtrack is whatever happened to be playing on the car stereo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As a native Hoosier, I take offense at Sam's surprise that Indianapolis has skyscrapers. What does he think Indiana is, just a breeding ground for hicks and bad spellers?!

Anonymous said...

So, let me get this right...you were driving AND taking video? Oh good.

And Sam won't be working here this summer, eh?

What do you edit your video with (software)?

David Wharton said...

Hey, it's no worse than driving and talking on the cell phone!

Sam told me he told you he'd be away for the summer ... sorry I didn't follow up.

I used Windows MovieMaker. It's kinda buggy, but servicable.