Thursday, May 3, 2007

George Clooney Visits War Memorial Stadium

I didn't get to see George Clooney or Renée Zellweger when I walked over to the stadium for some pictures of the Leatherheads shoot, but I did get a picture of a picture of George John Krazinski (last photo below).

Do I need to comment on the irony in the fact that the old stadium's charm has managed to attract the attentions of two major Hollywood productions (Bull Durham and Leatherheads), but Greensboro's own citizens were not willing to put up the money to renovate it?

No, I do not.

Anyway, here are some shots of the old girl all dressed up for George and Renée. I thought the extras looked great. Hooray for Hollywood! Click photos to enlarge.





And here's the picture of the picture of George John Krazinski.

Finally, here's a YouTube video montage that seems to evoke the period of Clooney's movie (1925), with "Hooray for Hollywood" as the soundtrack. I just like the song!



Udpate: Hoggard has more photos, and similar sentiments. And Lenslinger got some actual video of the The Man.

Update II: Neighbor Paula Patch got some pictures of George in the act of directing:


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! loved the photoshopped Clooney!

David Wharton said...

Thanks -- but it's actually a photo of a poster of him that was on the set. I'm not good enough with photoshop to fake that!

Anonymous said...

Actually, that is John Krazinski's image. He plays Carter, the football player/WWI hero.

David Wharton said...

Oh, damn. Thanks for the correction. I'll fix it.

Anonymous said...

Ummmmmmmmmm usually your blog is a fun read. Today I am completely and thoroughly disappointed.

WHERE is the promised Clooney photo, for God's sake????