Thursday, May 17, 2007

Free Eats for Greensboro Cyclists Tomorrow

Neighbor Justin Smith emailed me this from Bicycling in Greensboro:

This Friday, May 18, is National Bike to Work Day.

Bicycling In Greensboro, Inc. (BIG) is hosting a bicycle commuter 'refueling' station at Governmental Phil McDonald Plaza on Greene Street in downtown from 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM. Commuters will be able to pick up free coffee, donuts, bagels, OJ, etc., to help replenish their 'engines' and to thank them for choosing to bike to work.
I'll be there!

Update: I stopped by just before 9 a.m. and got some food and bike-oriented trinkets. The people at the table told me they'd had about 30 bicycle commuters had stopped in, which is about twice as many as last year. It's not Amsterdam, but it's not nothing, either.

I've been pleasantly surprised at how quickly and easily I can get around my area of town (central G'boro) on my bike. Special bonus pleasure: gliding by locked-up traffic on Elm St. during rush hour!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realize you quoted this and they're not your words, but aren't we supposed to say "McDonald Plaza," or "Phil McDonald Plaza" instead of "governmental plaza?"

I think the McDonald family would like us to do so.

I know...it's so petty on my part to write this... but I think it was requested.