Monday, October 17, 2005

I've Harnessed the Economic Power of the Blog!

Ross Meyers says Greensboro is "5 seconds behind the curve" because we haven't figured out a way to make money by blogging.

Hah. I've got that problem licked.

Yesterday evening I started a new blog, Dave's Tag Sale, which I intend to use for selling stuff I own but don't need any more.

I posted a photo and description of an antique dresser that I wanted to sell, and I displayed the photo and a link in the sidebar of this blog (A Little Urbanity) with the catchy, high-tech marketing phrases Urbane Shopping! and Visit Dave's Tag Sale!

Less than 24 hours later I was loading the dresser into a buyer's SUV with $400 in my pocket.

Needless to say, I'll be putting more items on display at Dave's Tag Sale very soon.

And with the $2.05 I've received from Altmedia101.com for advertising, I'll soon be filthy rich. Filthy, filthy rich, I tell you.

Now I'm 5 seconds ahead of the curve!

4 comments:

PotatoStew said...

Hey, not a bad idea. You could probably make more money though if you let people make offers on the items. You could take bids or something like that, and sell it to the highest bidder. To get more traffic you could let other people post their items too. You know, I really think this could work! ;)

David Boyd said...

You're doing it the hard way. My friend, you are now a start-up. You have a business plan and a proven track record. It's time to sell stock.

jw said...

Dave-Bay! Who knew?

OHenry said...

Communities lost something valuable when they ceased seeking counsel from the elders on matters of import. Elders are more experienced and presumably wiser. Having made decisions at numerous crosroads, I am still around to pass on my two cents worth. Keep on learning is paramount as is seeking out new ideas like visiting your blog. Developing an appreciation for actuality, efficiency and mindfulness will eventually lead to peace of mind. Assisting others to find their own minds and helping them to see some of the forest through the trees is also most rewarding. happy thoughts