Friday, August 26, 2005

Suburban mom in the city

Reedy Fork mom Kim took her son on a trip downtown today, and they both loved it:

. . . . . I really needed a city fix. I was just starting to feel too isolated . . . . I'm telling you, it was wonderful. The sights, the sounds and even the smells. There were horns beeping, business people scurrying around, there were people enjoying lunch at outdoor cafes, there were people selling hotdogs . . . . We saw all sorts of people from those who were just looking around like us, business people, kids, residents of downtown and my next door neighbor who was sitting in his patrol car at a traffic light.
She liked it so much, she's pondering her next residence:
During our time downtown I was thinking about how nice it would be to live downtown. I noticed really nice looking condos that I would love to see the inside of. I used to think I would never want a condo because I thought it would be like apartment living, but I'm starting to re-think that.
Interesting. She would certainly have plenty of choice in condominiums.

Kim's an engaging blogger; Read the whole thing.

No comments: