Monday, August 29, 2005

Jim Schlosser is blogging

And that's a very good thing.

Jim knows more about the history of Greensboro, and about the history of Greensboro architecture, I think, than any living person.

He's also a very nice guy. I run into him fairly frequently, and I mean run -- he's a dedicated jogger, and our paths cross at races and sometimes while we're running on Elm Street.

He always says hello, but I don't think he quite knows who I am. No matter. He's an engaging writer, and I look forward to learning more about this city from his work.

You can start with his appreciation of David Hoggard, who he calls "a poor man's Jim Melvin." I passed that on to Hoggard on his front porch this evening -- he hadn't seen Schlosser's piece yet -- and he thought it was hilarious.

No comments: