Monday, October 17, 2005

I've Harnessed the Economic Power of the Blog!

Ross Meyers says Greensboro is "5 seconds behind the curve" because we haven't figured out a way to make money by blogging.

Hah. I've got that problem licked.

Yesterday evening I started a new blog, Dave's Tag Sale, which I intend to use for selling stuff I own but don't need any more.

I posted a photo and description of an antique dresser that I wanted to sell, and I displayed the photo and a link in the sidebar of this blog (A Little Urbanity) with the catchy, high-tech marketing phrases Urbane Shopping! and Visit Dave's Tag Sale!

Less than 24 hours later I was loading the dresser into a buyer's SUV with $400 in my pocket.

Needless to say, I'll be putting more items on display at Dave's Tag Sale very soon.

And with the $2.05 I've received from Altmedia101.com for advertising, I'll soon be filthy rich. Filthy, filthy rich, I tell you.

Now I'm 5 seconds ahead of the curve!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing it the hard way. My friend, you are now a start-up. You have a business plan and a proven track record. It's time to sell stock.

jw said...

Dave-Bay! Who knew?