Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Places I Walked And Things I Ate Today

I like to talk the pedestrian-friendly talk, but can I walk the pedestrian-friendly walk?

Yes -- when there's time. And there was time today.

This morning Laurette and I ambled over to the Greensboro Farmers' Curb Market to pick out some fresh tomatoes for dinner tonight (which was fettucini with cubed fresh mozarella, diced fresh tomatoes, and chopped fresh basil, all drizzled with a first-press olive oil that Laurette's parents bring us from Florence).

The produce at the market looked so good we couldn't resist the peaches or the strawberries. And Alex was there, so of course we had to get a couple of fresh raspberry scones. They were delicious.

Sam and I later walked over to the Summit Barber Shop for a haircut. We agreed that we like this barber shop better than SuperCuts; maybe next time we'll try this barbershop. On the way back, we avoided the temptation of ice cream at the Mayberry Restaurant -- we're both training for the Fun Fourth 10k race on Saturday. (Sam thinks he can beat me; I think this is the last year that I'll be able to hold him off.)

Best thing about the walking: talking with my wife and my son.

Update: Missy also took a nice walk yesterday, though in a somehwat larger city. Be sure to check out the "goodbye Manhattan" photo. (Via Instapundit.)

1 comment:

Billy Jones said...

We just picked our first tomato of the year from our backyard garden and will dine on tomato sandwiches tomorrow night.