Thursday, March 31, 2005

Terri Schiavo RIP

Terri Schiavo is dead. Maybe Christopher Hitchens is right that she's been dead for years. At any rate, I can't help but feel some relief, if not for Terri's sake and that of her family, then for my own. I didn't actually watch any TV coverage of her case, but just reading about this religio-socio-political psychodrama was getting painful.

I'm depressed by how much hatred her case has aroused, especially since a lot of it has been coming from people who say they are Christians.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: Terry Schiavo: Today I heard someone being interviewed on NPR who said that it was a shame that cases such as Terry Schiavo and Karen Quindlan had to be settled in court. and in the media. He said that for the two or three such cases that received all the notoreity, there were thousands more settled reasonably out of court. He felt that the court was not the solution for these cases. I agree that it should be kept private and avoid the fracas (and the hatred) that developed around this one.